Chicken on corn
This healthy and colorful chicken on corn recipe will add some brightness to your dinner. Serve with rice, or eat by itself - your tastebuds will thank you for this delight.
SPICES USED: chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, Italian seasoning
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper (if less spice desired, clean out seeds), finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cubed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lime (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, 1 tsp of salt, and Italian seasoning. Rub this mixture onto the tenderloins, both sides.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the chicken and cook each side evenly (around 3 minutes per side).
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the red onions, bell pepper, and serrano pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in the zucchini, garlic, corn, ½ tsp of salt, and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes or until zucchini softens.
- Lower the heat and incorporate the chicken to warm up.
- Squeeze fresh lime when ready to serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.