Coffee Rub Steak
This coffee steak rub not only enhances the flavor of meat, but is also a great tenderizer. With a light coat of olive oil and this perfect balance of flavors, you'll have a nicely crusted steak!
Recipe courtesy by Alex Iruela (Instagram: @firefoody)
SPICES: paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt, black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons thyme
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 teaspoons coffee grounds
- 16 ounce New York strip steak
- Olive oil for coating
* Picanha or Tri-tip cuts come out amazing with this rub too!
- In a small bowl, combine spices (paprika, garlic powder, thyme, black pepper, salt), coffee grounds, and sugar.
- Apply a nice coat of olive oil on the steak. This will make sure you get a great crust when grilling.
- Rub the combined spices generously.
- Grill steak over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Pumpkin spice and everything nice!
Nothing better to entertain your fall cravings than a perfectly moist and spiced pumpkin bread.