Elote Mexican Salad
Make good use of that forgotten frozen corn and turn it into a refreshing Mexican corn salad. This delightful recipe is light and healthy with its colorful vegetables.
SPICES USED: chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, black pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper
- ½ small red onion
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced (more to taste)
- ½ cup cilantro
- 5 cups frozen corn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup light mayo
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup cotija cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add in the corn. Stirring occasionally, cook the corn for 5 to 7 minutes until lightly roasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayo, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dice the bell pepper, red onion, serrano pepper, and avocado. Combine in a large bowl.
- Mix in the cotija cheese, roasted corn, and mayo sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro. Ready to serve!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Pumpkin spice and everything nice!
Nothing better to entertain your fall cravings than a perfectly moist and spiced pumpkin bread.