Healthy Chicken Enchilada (Quinoa Version)
We love Chicken Enchiladas. And we love Quinoa. So why not both? This healthy chicken enchilada spin with quinoa will surely spice up your dinner - without making you feel guilty about it.
SPICES: ground cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup mixed quinoa
- 1.5 cups chicken broth (for the quinoa)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced (more to taste for extra spice)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack (or Mozzarella)
- 1 avocado
- Freshly chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a small pot, bring the chicken broth and quinoa to a boil. After 1-2 minutes, reduce to a simmer, cover, and allow to cook until soft (15 - 20 minutes).
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Incorporate garlic, onion, and jalapeño until garlic is fragrant and onion is soft and translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in cumin and chili powder. Add chicken, corn, and enchilada sauce. When well combined, incorporate the quinoa. If you do not have an oven-safe pan, transfer mixture to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Top chicken and quinoa mixture with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until cheese is full melted.
- Chop cilantro and slice avocado to garnish and serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Pumpkin spice and everything nice!
Nothing better to entertain your fall cravings than a perfectly moist and spiced pumpkin bread.