Healthy Zucchini Bread
Banana bread is great, but this zucchini bread is even better! This low sugar, low fat recipe is perfectly moistened with applesauce, combined with whole wheat flour, and spiced up with a healthy dose of cinnamon.
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Cooking spray (we used Pam!)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg, applesauce, honey, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in grated zucchini.
- Add flour and gently mix with a spatula until combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick returns clean.
- Allow to fully cool before slicing. Store covered in a cool dry place for up to 3 days, or 5 days in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from: Olena Osipov, iFoodReal
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Pumpkin spice and everything nice!
Nothing better to entertain your fall cravings than a perfectly moist and spiced pumpkin bread.