Spice up your ground turkey with this delicious Picadillo recipe. With a healthy combination of spices, tomatoes, and ground turkey, this recipe is not only easy, but sure to be a dinner favorite. Fun fact: Picadillo gets its name from the word "picar" in Spanish, which means to chop!
Recipe courtesy of Grub with Gabby.
SPICES: oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper
1 tsp Oregano
1-2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Coriander
1-2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Salt (more to taste)
1 tsp Pepper (more to taste)
2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Pound Turkey Meat
1 Onion, diced
3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Red Pepper, diced
1.5 Cup of pureed Tomatoes
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
3/4 cup Green Olives, sliced
- Warm 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) over medium heat and add the diced onion and pepper with 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Sauté for about 8 minutes until onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Incorporate the oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, additional 1/2 tsp of salt, and pepper. Allow to "toast" for 1 minute.
- Mix in tomato paste. Add in the turkey meat and break up into pieces with a spatula as it cooks (about 5 to 8 minutes).
- Once the turkey is almost fully cooked, add the pureed tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced olives and adjust for salt.
- Serve with rice; garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Pumpkin spice and everything nice!
Nothing better to entertain your fall cravings than a perfectly moist and spiced pumpkin bread.