Pumpkin spice and everything nice!
Nothing better to entertain your fall cravings than a perfectly moist and spiced pumpkin bread.
SPICES: cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin spice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-oz can 100% pure pumpkin
- optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and set an oven rack in the middle position.
- Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper and baking spray with flour in it (e.g., Pam with Flour or Baker's Joy). Alternatively, coat the loaf pan with butter and sprinkle / dust flour until covering the surface in full. Tap pan upside down to release any excess flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice. Whisk until combined, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, leverage an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition to make sure it is fully incorporated. Continue beating until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Incorporate the pumpkin and continue beating.
- Add the flour mixture, slowly, and mix on low speed until combined. If using chocolate chips, fold in to the mix with a spatula.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly. Bake for 65 – 75 minutes, or until a cake tester or knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from: Jenn Segal, onceuponachef
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.