Our soft gingersnap cookies will spice up your cookie rotation. Dip in chocolate or sprinkle powdered sugar - get creative with your additions.
SPICES: cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, salt
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 tsps baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour. Add the ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, soften the margarine. Incorporate the brown sugar, egg, and molasses. Beat well.
- Add the flour in batches, mixing in between.
- Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper. Scoop dough into balls (around 1 inch in diameter). Roll in sugar and place on baking sheet.
- Lightly pat down the dough to flatten. If you want the cookies to have a cracked appearance after baking, sprinkle with water.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.