Vegan Cauliflower Steak Side Dish
Looking for a healthy yet flavorful side dish? This vegan cauliflower steak recipe will satisfy your cravings. With a deep tahini sauce sprinkled over, pair this side dish with steak, fish or chicken for a burst of flavors.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Spinach Tahini Sauce:
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, ground fennel, crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and cornstarch.
- Cut cauliflower head into steak pieces. For best results, slice from the top of the cauliflower to the stems, leaving half an inch between slices. Trim the stems as needed.
- Place cauliflower steaks flat on a baking sheet. Sprinkle a tablespoon of olive oil and the spices mixture. With your hands, gently mix the cauliflower around to ensure even coverage.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the cauliflower. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix in the spinach, water, tahini, lemon juice and chopped garlic clove. Pulse until contents reach a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Plate the cauliflower. Pour the tahini sauce in a small ziploc bag and cut off a small piece of one of the corners of the bag. Gently drizzle sauce on the cauliflower.
* Recipe inspired by Charanya Ramakrishnan - OneGreenPlanet.org.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
Pumpkin spice and everything nice!
Nothing better to entertain your fall cravings than a perfectly moist and spiced pumpkin bread.